- Download inSSIDer (official site here)
- For each possible valid value as channel of your Access point:
- Configure your accesspoint to use that channel
- run inSSIDer and note the link score of your WiFi
- Configure your access point to use the channel with the highest link score.
Optimally your link score should be 100.
- By using the same channel as the other WiFis you decrease speed but also decrease intermissions, thus network becomes more stable.
- By using channels very close (but not equal) to other WiFis you increase speed but also increase intermission (thus network becomes less stable)