If you can’t delete that file in windows, then:
- First, make sure you don’t have an app running right now that uses it (doh). Check network access too if you share it.
- Make sure you do have proper privileges to delete it
- Try unlocker to unlock and delete it
- Install cygwin and delete it with cygwin (really)
- Reboot to safe mode and delete it from there
The 4th option is the most rare and catchy, but it works very efficiently. You do have to use it if, for some reason, the filename of the file becomes corrupted.