Libreoffice is free, no question these guys should be congratulated for their work and of course there is no intention to bm them.
However some things are noted as GUI fails.
Like this one: If you want to insert a new line directly under a table, you have to press alt+enter (and hope it will work).
Brewing method summary form Homegrounds.co.
- 1 milliliter (ml) of water = 1 gram (g)
- strength = dissolved solids / water (ideal: 1.25%)
- extraction = dissolved solids / grounds (ideal: 20%)
- Cold-brewed: ground coffee steeped in cold water for 12-24h then strained
- Iced coffee: ground coffee brewed hot and poured over ice
Under extracted coffee:
Sour, acidic, salty: Grounds too coarse or brew time too short.
Over extracted coffee:
Bitter, hollow: Grounds too fine or brew time too long
Ratio, the -nonexistent- Golden rule:
- 6g coffee per 100g of water, approx 5,6%, ratio 1:17
- Specialty Coffee Association of America recommends: 1:18
- 1:4 highly concentrated, recommended mostly for cold brew concentrate
- 1:5 highly concentrated, recommended mostly for cold brew concentrate
- 1 : 12.5 recommended for cold brew ready to drink (RTD) coffee (see this)
- 1:15 – 1:18 generally preferred range
- 1:30 weak, over extracted cup
A method to find your favorite ratio can be found here.
For more info, see also the SCAA brewing chart
Continue reading Coffee brewing notes 🏅