We assume xampp is at e:\xampp.
- Download Xdebug for your version of PHP from the official site.
- Copy the dll downloaded to: e:\xampp\php\ext
- Edit php.ini and disable output buffering.
- Add the code at the end of the page to php.ini (at xampp directory)
- Restart apache
The main idea is that we need syntax highlighting to quiz questions.
Here are the requirements:
- a plugin that is updated frequently, preferable by more than 1 person.
- support for syntax highlighting to as many languages as possible, not only in editing mode within the editor but in the view mode of questions, pages etc.
- it has to be free.
- it is better that it is accessible from the buttons of the editor so that it is easily accessible from students who want to create quiz content.
- it should support moodle 3.3+
Warning: Capabilities with XSS risks associated to them are allowed for the role of question creator. Thus, this role should be assigned with care.
The hosts file contains static entries for domain name resolution.
Here is a handy table:
If you access the web application via http://localhost then cookies might not be accepted. Thus session could be lost. This happens with netbeans and tomcat after a single logout has been executed.
Type about:config and change the following to false: